Chiltern District Council’s new Local Plan identifies substantial green belt sites in Chalfont St Peter for development
South Bucks and Chiltern District Councils are now jointly developing a new Local Plan which identifies areas for development for the period 2015 to 2036.
The new plan will include a much larger development quota in Chalfont St Peter. This means our precious green belt is under sustained attacked by the government and the developers.
The impact on our village could be devastating. The sites that have been put forward for potential development equate to well over 50% of the built area.
- The whole of the Epilepsy Society site (including much undeveloped open farmland and the playing fields)
- Rowans Nursery, the Shire Horse Centre land and Brawlings Farm (including land within the Colne Valley Park)
- The area to the north of Chalfont Heights between Winkers Nightclub & Paccar Scout camp
- Mill Meadow, the area surrounding the community centre and the playing fields used by the CSP CofE Academy
- Rylands Farm, the land opposite Bulstrode Park, between the A40 and the railway line
- The long stretch of land straddling the Misbourne Valley from Chalfont Heights up to the point the railway line crosses the A413 (this area is earmarked for employment use not housing).
The Local Plan consultation document can be found at:
Hard copies can be obtained from CDC and in libraries. Refer to the maps on pages 34 and 47.
Page 34 relates to the proposed potential residential development sites and 47 to the proposed potential employment development sites.
The document will be available at the public meetings.
Members of both the Parish Council and SENSE (who have formed a joint working party) will give their views on the Local Plan at the meetings and will be available to answer questions and assist you in making your response.