Newland Park dates back to 1208 and the Manor House was rebuilt in 1770 where between 1910 and 1921 it was a refuge for suffragettes. Famous names including Emmaline Pankhurst, Bernard Shaw, Sidney and Beatrice Webb and H. G. Wells were frequent visitors here. In the 1940s Newland Park turned from a private residence into a College of Further Education which, in turn, became part of High Wycombe College. In 1992 the college was elevated to the status of university and latterly became named Buckinghamshire New University. In recent years the university moved all of their provision to High Wycombe leaving the campus vacant. The Comer Brothers bought the site when Chiltern District Council marked it as a strategic development site in their Core Strategy, it was given residential status for up to 200 houses. However with the developers ever trying to push for more houses on the site and sustainability issues, planning permission didn't come easily, it was finally granted in 2015 for XXX houses. Yet Academy Residences took over the site in 2013 and have been running a very successful school and adventure centre on the site.
The future remains uncertain and we expect it will go to housing soon.